Tuesday, November 8, 2016

The Waves of Transition

The Transition

As I stand on the shore of a new chapter in my life, I have been reflecting, lamenting, and visioning my past life in Nepal and the new path I will walk.  It has been a truly eye opening journey the past few weeks here in Goa, India on the shores of the beautiful Agonda beach.  I have had the privilege of time to see my life's dreams clearly and what I see I am liking more and more.  


Here are some poems that I have been writing here:


The Temples We Seek


We all seek to follow rules and are fearful of the breaking
Our temples made of walls create a safe place to be absolved of sin.
When the bubble breaks and our temple falls we feel sad.
Do not mourn the image of perfection.
The perfection exists in rebirth and change.


Youthful Dance of Love



Paradise is something you think in your head.Maybe brought to you by a book you read?
As a child, you danced and set that dream free.
Joyfully believing that someday it would just be.
Then people and places and noise from the ground came rushing to your toes.
You dance around them and try to stay calm.
Your life you hold in the center of your palm
.
Look at your palm and see the love it receives.
You know, you know and everyone agrees...
That love is not love unless it is shared.
Choose wisely my friend and do not be scared.



The Sound of My Heart Upon the Shore

Our bodies crash with the beat of our heart like waves upon the shore
Coliding, combining, evermore… evermore
My soul is dry as sand without your wave to beat my heart
Crash and beat… then fall apart
The day my heart is set free the waters are calm
No pain of the beat, your wave rushed upon
my shore with her shells and her stars and her trash
Please let my heart beat like a shore with no crash
You think you are helping the beat of my life
But I want calm waters 
With little to no strife
So lay yourself down upon this heart I uphold
Lie over me softly; my life I unfold

No comments:

Post a Comment