Thursday, November 17, 2016

The Words that Come When I Have Nowhere to Run

This Little Light of Mine

The mind that believes the truth is blind
Open your soul and you will feel the sublime.
Take in the sights and smells and breeze.
The world can feel like one big tease.
If you are aware of the past, but can stay in the now.
You'll realize that truth lies below the brow.
Below the thoughts and words and sights.
Let it come out
The world needs to see your lights.

Slave to the Self

The slave of another can be free in the mind.
They are not wanting, or needing.
They can have freedom of focus and peace.
But sometimes it takes a little elbow grease.
Who is the master?
Show me the woman/man
who walks their path with an open plan.
Open to change; they do not attach upon.
Absent of the ego; the mind is calm.
Above all it's known there is always something going on
In the mind, or body, or earth, or space.
For this there is a time
For that there is a place.
I hope we can walk together in this snail race
Because I want to leap, I want to skip, but without you
I loose my grip.
On what it is to be human
and...
me?
Of this, I feel, we all agree.

What the Heart Hides

200 hours to love
200 hours to heal the heart
A bandaid was not enough
It had to be broken, then torn apart
To really find out what was hidden inside
Underneath layers of ego and pain
Was a seed of passion I could not tame
Passion for adventure, knowledge and the new
I planted that seed, and watched as it grew
Growing as a flower stretches toward the sun
My life burst forth
It had nowhere to run.
I am home now inside this heart
And of this I know...
I am always at the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment