Monday, April 17, 2017

Poems of Springtime

I have been living in Leavenworth, Washington since December and after living in the snow for the fist three months, my eyes now delight to see what has been hiding beneath the snow for the first time.  Being a California girl, it is fascinating to see the seasons change so quickly hear and bear witness to the excitement of a sunny day.  I have never seen so many people comment on how lovely and wonderful the sun is when it is out.  Sometimes it takes not having something to feel it's value I suppose.

Here are some of the poems I have written lately.  Enjoy and peace be with you.

The Rebirth of a Rose

This Rose.
It has waited.
Frozen
Drinking in melted life through veins
Hidden by thorns of warning.

The sun speaks to her waiting petals.
“Open my beauty, it is time to wake.
I have risen for you and I long to see your face.”

She feels the vibrations course into her veins.  
Tingling her body, her neck, her brains.

The warmth of the promise
echoes through her soul.

She moves,
and is moved as a creature upon a wave.

Observing how the sun unwinds her fears
she arches and opens
releasing her tears.

She surrenders to the sun
while ice and cold draw back from her feet.

Her new life has begun as her petals unfold.
Relaxing in the joy and warmth of her rebirth.

Here
Now
Her fibers pulse with life.

A Dialogue with the Universe

Tell me- Where my soul will go when it leaves this space?
It will return to where it was when it entered this place.  

Pure and whole, joyful and new
It finds the love it had when it grew.

I am scared it will vanish, that it won’t find that place.
How can it loose what was never erased?

It was never alone and never will be.
Changing and resurrecting through the roots of the tree.

Turn to the sky, the soil, the earth.
Life needs love for it to give birth.

The soul will drink in this love
though the mind may reject it as pain.
The cycle goes on again and again.

So have comfort my child
Though you fear loss.

The soul is as alive as the seed
lying beneath the frost.


No comments:

Post a Comment